Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tarzan Pools





I wanted to post a few pictures from a hike I did with the boys a few weeks ago. I can honestly say now that we survived the jungles of Guam :) They were on vacation and I had planned on taking them to a water park only to find that it was closed that day. Cole wanted to hike to somewhere that he could swim so I decided to take them to Tarzan pools. We found the trailhead and began walking. About 1/2 mile into our hike we ran into a hunter that told us that a deer passed behind Jack just moments prior. He then told us we were on the wrong trail and took us to a gravel path that he said would lead to the pools. We hiked and hiked and all I could think about was how the downhill trek we were making meant that we had to climb it back after they exhausted themselves swimming. Right about the time I decided we would turn around Cole heard voices ahead and ran to find the pools and a group of college students enjoying the water. He came back screaming in excitement and said it was the "coolest place ever". It really was beautiful there and we had a nice time swimming. Cole went on the ropeswing a few times. They swam just long enough to tire and we made it not even 1/8 of a mile before Jack's little legs couldn't carry him any further. Thankfully Cole was able to take our large backpack so I could carry Jack. We did make it out thankfully and the boys had quite a collection of empty bullet casings filling their pockets. The next morning Jack woke up and complained that "my butt hurts". I remembered the hills we climbed and had to chuckle. Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Your favorite sister said...

Those are great pictures. We haven't been there yet. I feel like there are so many places that we need to go and see before we leave here!