Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Waiting






















I apologize for the long delay in updating our blog. It's been quite a month. We arrived in Massachusetts on May 9th, traveled to upstate NY for a week to visit with Tom's family, and then returned to Massachusetts on May 15th (Tom's birthday). On the 16th Tom returned to Guam. Though it has been so nice to be reunited with family and friends, I was unprepared for the difficulty that our children, and especially Cole, would have with this move. I won't even try to put it all into words because I simply don't have the words at this point. I am just so thankful for the love and support we've received. This last week has been a week of answered prayer and we are all doing well and eagerly awaiting Tom's return on June 23rd. Then, on July 1st we move into our new rental home in Portsmouth RI. We're looking forward to time with Tom, time in our new home, and time at the Cape, in NY, and in Maine this summer. To all my friends in Guam - I miss you!!! Though I haven't had much time to call or write please know you are in my thoughts often. Here is a picture of the house we will be living in, a picture of my dad's new boat that he has named "Joy" and a few pictures from Davis' farmland (one of our favorite places to visit). In my next entry I'll post pictures of our family. It's going to take a while to sort through them all!

6 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so glad to see an update! We miss you all!!

Paul Barber said...

I am so glad Tom will be back soon - I know that will be great for you - also to get settled again in this new phase of life! I pray for you and your family!! Call me!! We have to get together before you go... ( :

Nicole said...

What a differnce of living arrangements! The house is beautiful! It is so nice to see pics of the kids! I have been checking your blog everyday! :c) I hope you guys have a blast this summer!! We miss you too!

Navylangs said...

What a cute house! It looks so . . .New Englandish.

I'll be the spray from Grandpa's boat is a tad bit colder than what you're used to.

Thanks for the visuals!

Unknown said...

Hi! I think we are related somehow! My great grandma was a Varney. If you are on ancestry.com my tree is the thomas/bode tree.

Daron and Theresa said...

It looks like you are all getting settled in. It looks beautiful where you are! Virginia is pretty too..but not like that! Plus we have the DC TRAFFIC YUCK! I think of you often and have been praying for you to have an easy transition...looks as though you are doing well! Miss you!
The Patton's
Daron, Theresa, Kate and Hannah