Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Holidays

This past Sunday Cole woke us at 7 AM to tell us about the snow and we were out playing in it by 7:15 (minus snow boots which I ordered yesterday). Haven has never seen snow, and Jack doesn't remember it, so it was extra special for everyone. We were able to make a snowman before church, but when we got home he had fallen to the ground. So sad. We're waiting for the next snow so we can rebuild him. Jack isn't in this picture because he doesn't like to be cold. Poor thing only remembers warm sunny Guam :)


Tom found Opal's surprise as he rolled Frosty's body :)

I love this picture because I have a black and white picture of Cole doing this very thing at age 4.

Jack before the cold got to him.

Haven enjoying her first snow ever!

We took this picture on the way home from getting our Christmas tree at a local farm. I stopped the car and had Cole get out to take it. He did a pretty good job!

The owner of this Christmas tree farm built this Santa out of old WWII buoys. Took him 8 months to complete it. Santa and also Frosty the Snowman greet us every day as I drive Jack to school.

Finally, here are the kiddos at Cole's insect project demonstration at Melville school. He made a model of a leaf insect and did such a great job!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I don't know how I missed two of your posts but, I'm finally reading them! Your sisters are just as pretty as you! You all have the same smile! And I LOVE the kids faces in the snow pictures! Thank you for the card! We'll be thinking of you this Christmas!