Friday, February 29, 2008

Around and about















What I wish I had a picture of is the incredible rainbow I saw on Monday at the boys' school. I've seen so many rainbows here in Guam, but none like this particular one. The boys' school is right on the water (poor them) and when I dropped them off on Monday my friend Amy and I sat outside to do our Bible study. We looked off into the ocean and saw the rainbow with it's brilliant colors. It touched the water at both ends and in between sailed a catamaran. Then I noticed that there was a double rainbow above it, also touching the water at both ends. We were both kicking ourselves for not having our cameras, but thankful for the blessing. Above I've posted a picture of my sign class that just ended, one of my moms group, a picture of Haven and her friend Eamon goofing off at the sink during their sign class, and a picture of Haven's neighborhood buddies. On the bottom is my pineapple. A friend gave me this pineapple before she moved almost 2 years ago. I planted it and for a year it just sat there. When we had to move last summer I took all of my plants but left that one. I don't really know why. I guess I had just given up on it. My friend Tennille asked me about it a few weeks ago and I told her I left it in the garden. Lo and behold they found it with this beautiful pineapple growing. It took a while for the plant to reveal it's fruit. I just needed to be patient. Lesson learned. Speaking of patience, we're not sure now if we're heading to Jacksonville. Newport is back in the picture and hopefully we'll know more by this weekend. Stay tuned! I'll try to post some video soon and a link to Tom's Flickr pictures.

1 comment:

Mary K said...

It's funny you mention wishing you had a camera. I have learned to carry my point-and-shoot digital with me everywhere because I never know when I'm going to need it. Now I just have to remember to charge it periodically and put it back in my bag!