Saturday, March 10, 2007

Tarzan Falls


Last weekend we went hiking with some close friends to a place called Tarzan Falls. The trail head is about five miles from our house. There are many places to hike here but we have to stick to the easy trails. Now that we've done this one we're excited to do more. It was about 3/4 mile hike with one swampy section where we got muddy. The pools at the bottom of the falls have fresh water eels and shrimp. We didn't dare swim but our friends were brave. Jack was essentially carried home but that was expected. Haven enjoyed time with a neighbor while we went.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful shot of you four enjoying the outdoors. did haven snap the photo? :) this blog is fantastic. i love hearing about your adventures and what the island is like. (i hope i can come over and go hiking with you all this year). here in venice, California it is very warm. i spend some time at the beach yesterday playing paddle tennis and this evening i am going for a hike. it will be dry and dusty on the trail, we haven't had much rain in these parts. i love the snake pic and i look forward to the next postings. thanks so much for doing this lauren and tom. miss you. love, kim

Elaine said...

Hey sweethearts,

I just got back from Florida visiting Grammy and logged on to the computer and your blog right away. I know you may be weathering a typhoon as I type and I am praying it is minor. I really want the Varney's to get to you ASAP. They, you, will be so very, very disappointed if they can't.

I love the blog and these pictures. Looks like time and Cole did a pretty respectible job on that angel food cake. I'm sorry your sisters couldn't be there to help you devour it.

Love, Mom

Elaine said...

Hi all my Varney's, big and little. We just got back from Florida visiting Grammy and I logged on the computer and your blog right away. I know you may be weathering a typhoon as I type and I am praying it is a minor one. I want so badly for the Varney's to get to you as soon as possible. Otherwise they, and you, will be terribly, terribly disappointed.

I love the pictures on the blog. It looks like Tom and Cole did a pretty respectible job on the angel food cake. I am sorry your sisters couldn't be there to help you devour it.

Love, Mom

Elaine said...

OOPS, sorry for the duplicate message. I didn't think the first one went through.

Mom