Saturday, March 10, 2007

Brown Tree Snake



Yesterday we went on a cub scout "Go See It" to the USDA on the Navy Base. There we learned about the brown tree snake and what the USDA does to try to control the population. Since we've lived here we've seen two, one that my neighbor caught and one in a trap just yesterday. I now laugh at the fact that before we moved here I was convinced that I would not be venturing outside once darkness hit because that is when the snakes come out. The snake in this picture is 8 feet long. The longest recorded is 10 feet but most are around 2 feet. Cub scouts has been a good experience (when Cole wants to participate) Tom and I are the den leaders of our neighborhood den of 6 boys.

2 comments:

Chris,Sandy,Alyssa.Sophia & Mia said...

Love the cub scout uniform! Not the snake too much!

Wendi, Neil and Martha said...

Okay, second try....i'm new at the blogging thing. Anyway, I LOVE the blog. Such great pics and stories too (though im not too crazy about the snake photo). We miss you but think about you lots. Martha is doing great. Just turned 9 months and she's singing, babbling, crawling around like a little torpedo, pulling up and attempting to stand solo. Too funny....where does the time go. I cant believe we are already talking about her birthday. Anyway, keep the posts coming. love you guys.
love, wendi neil and martha